... ...
top of page

associate of science in performance degree.

18 months / 6 quarters

program overview:

Our Associate of Science in Performance degree program at California College of Music is designed to prepare you for today's music industry. Our intensive program prioritizes musicianship and dynamic self-expression. Through live performances and recording sessions, our Associate's Degree program offers real-world music industry experience. Completion results in a musical portfolio that will propel your career. Our associate degree facilitates seamless credit transfers to other universities for further academic pursuits

  • How much musical experience do I need before I apply?
    We encourage students of all skill levels to apply. At a minimum, one to three years of dedicated study on your primary instrument are recommended. Our programs are designed to teach fundamental musicianship from the ground up, so the main qualities we look for in new students are academic excellence, passion for music, and dedication to personal and artistic growth. Click here to learn HOW TO APPLY.
  • How do I apply?
    It's so easy! See our HOW TO APPLY page for step-by-step guidance through the application process. If you need assistance, contact us directly at (626) 577-1751 or admissions@ccmla.edu for help.
  • Are scholarships or financial aid available at CCM?
    In an effort to make popular music education affordable for everyone, we offer Talent-Based Scholarships for all applicants. Students who are US citizens or permanent residents may also apply for federal financial aid by completing a FAFSA form. We also offer 0% INTEREST MONTHLY PAYMENT PLANS for domestic students facing financial hardship. Find out more about these financial support options on our Tuition & Fees page or in our General Catalog. You can also contact us at (626) 577-1751 or admissions@ccmla.edu for assistance.
  • What are the housing options at CCM?
    We do not offer on-campus housing. However, we provide information on how students can find their own housing in the Pasadena area at our housing resources page. For those who still require assistance locating housing, we offer a Housing Placement Service for a one-time fee of $250 to connect students with vetted landlords and homestay owners. Please visit the housing resources page or contact us at (626) 577-1751 or admissions@ccmla.edu for assistance.
  • How old do I need to be to apply?
    All students must provide Proof of Graduation from high school or the equivalent before enrolling in a program at California College of Music. Acceptable forms of Proof of Graduation are a high school transcript showing graduation date, a high school diploma, a passing score on a GED® test, or a transcript from an accredited college or university. Our standard minimum age requirement for entrance is 18 years old.
  • Is CCM Accredited?
    California College of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
  • When can I enroll?
    College-level programs accept applications for our Spring and Fall quarters, which typically begin in early April and October, respectively.
  • I'm an international student. How do I get a student visa?
    If you are accepted to any of CCM’s college-level programs, you will receive a Form I-20, which establishes a record for you within the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and makes you eligible to apply for a visa interview with the US Embassy in your country. The US Embassy decides whether or not to grant you a student visa, which would allow you to enter the US to study music. In order to successfully obtain your Form I-20, your first quarter tuition and fees must be paid in full. Visa regulations are subject to change; check the US Embassy website at WWW.USEMBASSY.GOV for up-to-date information. Contact us at (626) 577-1751 or admissions@ccmla.edu if you have further questions.
  • What is Optional Practical Training for international students? How do I become eligible for OPT?
    Optional Practical Training ("OPT") is a work authorization by USCIS which allows a student holding an F-1 student visa to stay in the United States for up to one year after completing their program in order to work and gain professional experience in their field of study. International students who successfully complete one of our 12-month Certificate programs or our 18-month Associate of Science in Performance program are eligible to apply for OPT. Further information can be found at the USCIS OPT page and the DHS Study In The States OPT page. If you have any questions regarding OPT, please contact us at (626) 577-1751 or admissions@ccmla.edu.
  • Federal Students Aid
    We are happy to provide federal financial aid for students enrolling in the 12-month Certificate in Songwriting & Music Production program. Students can complete a Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) form to receive the funds needed to support their studies based on their need. Please note: you can still apply for our Talent-Based Scholarship and/or Economic Tuition Reduction if applying for a FAFSA. In order to be eligible, you must: 1. Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen 2. Have completed a high school education 3. Have a valid Social Security Number 4. Be registered with Selective Service (males only between the ages of 18-25 years old) 5. Be enrolled in the Certificate in Songwriting & Music Production program To see how much aid you may qualify for, you must first: 1. Complete and submit your FAFSA form through studentaid.gov. Search for California College of Music (school code: 04293000) when prompted. 2. Stay in contact with our Admissions Department (admissions@ccmla.edu) for updates regarding your application and award amount. For further assistance completing your FAFSA form, please refer to this FAFSA resource page. APPLICATION DEADLINES: NEW Fall 2021 Applicants FAFSA: September 3, 2021 NEW Spring 2022 Applicants FAFSA: March 4, 2022 For continuing students, you will need to re-submit a FAFSA form every year. Check with admissions@ccmla.edu to ensure your FAFSA is up to date.
  • Talent-Based Scholarship
    A talent-based scholarship at California College of Music is an institutional award which all students can apply for! Students who receive this scholarship may be awarded up to 10-30% reduced from their tuition. In order to be considered you must first apply to a full-time program and then fill out and meet the requirements within the Talent-based Scholarship Application
  • Veteran’s Benefits
    VETERAN’S BENEFITS California College of Music is approved to accept veteran education benefits. Eligible veterans, active duty service persons, reservists, or otherwise eligible members (such as spouses and dependents) may student in the following programs: • Certificate in Performance • Associate of Science degree program in Performance • Certificate in Songwriting & Music Production During your military service, you have developed skills and disciplines that directly transfer to music study. The strong work ethic and attention to detail cultivated during your service are valuable assets when learning music. We take pride in having veteran students and believe music can be a positive outlet after serving our country NOTE: CCM does not approve veterans for educational benefits. The School Certifying Official (SCO) only certifies student enrollment based on veterans’ Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and will serve as a direct liaison between CCM and the Department of Veterans Affairs regarding underpayment, overpayment, or non-payment of VA educational benefits. VETERAN’S BENEFITS PROCEDURES Step 1: Apply for VA Education Benefits Check with the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) for an excellent step by step road map that will help you determine your benefit eligibility, compare programs, calculate your benefit, collect your paperwork, and apply for VA benefits online. The Department of Veterans Affairs can take at least 45 days to approve your benefits if you are a new applicant. For questions regarding eligibility or remaining benefits, contact VA at 888.442.4551 or visit the website at how to apply. Within the online application, be sure to indicate under Financial Support Options that you would like to use VA educational benefits. Additionally, all veterans are required to obtain and submit transcripts from all previously attended school(s) for consideration of transfer of credit. Once accepted into CCM, you must submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or a Statement of Benefits to our SCO in order to attend the mandatory Student Orientation, take placement exams, and register for courses. A submission of your COE, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, will guarantee the school will not: Prevent your enrollment into the institution Assess late penalty fees Require you to secure alternative or additional funding, or Deny you access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition & fees to the institution. All questions regarding the application process and enrollment into the College as a veteran student should be directed to the SCO of CCM. Call 626.577.1751 or email admissions@ccmla.edu Step 2: Apply and Enroll at CCM Follow and complete our easy 4-step process located on our Student conditions and obligations in order to maintain scholarship Students must pay tuition and fees in full according to the payment schedule in the Enrollment Agreement. Students must maintain full-time status (a course load of at least 12 units) at all times. A student who must extend his/her program beyond the initial program length as stated in the Enrollment Agreement, whether by choice or due to failed courses, may not reapply for a scholarship or redistribute any remaining scholarship to the new quarter. Students must attend at least 85% of scheduled classes in every course. Students must make continuous academic progress each quarter and complete his/her program on time. Students receiving scholarships must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for their scholarship award to be disbursed in each new quarter. IMPORTANT: The maximum amount of institutional awards cannot exceed 30% of the program's tuition. Only new applicants may apply for scholarships; previously or currently enrolled students are not eligible. Scholarships are non-transferable and have no redeemable cash value. All scholarship application information (including auditions, personal statements, and letters of recommendation) is considered final once submitted. California College of Music is not responsible for damage or loss of any submission. Step 3: Request Your Benefits Each Quarter Certification of enrollment is not automatic. To have your certification submitted to the VA, you must meet with your academic advisor by the end of every quarter. You will review current grades, satisfactory academic progress, and upcoming quarter requirements. Upon completion, you will receive final grades and be eligible to register for courses.
  • Private Loan Disclosure
    The College is not currently affiliated with ANY lenders that provide private education loans, therefore we cannot provide any preferred lender lists. However, We encourage students to consider Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans first, as they generally have lower fixed interest rates and more flexible repayment options.

We accept students into the Associate of Science in Performance degree program in the following emphases.

Click below to learn more.

bottom of page